Makayla, Almost 30, and Erica
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Turning Thirty
I am not sure what my fear is...lately I have really been dreading turning 30. We went to Richmond Saturday for my dear friend Erica's 30th birthday party. I am just in awe of how young she looks and acts. I have seen several of my friends turn 30, and they have done so with such grace. I guess my biggest fear is just having someone call me old...Seth does almost daily (since I am six months older than him), but hearing it from someone else would kill me. Teaching first grade keeps me young at heart, but does not keep the wrinkles from coming. I guess another huge fear of mine is leaving my twenties. I have enjoyed them so. Any advice as I am soon to become a "Thirty Something?" I, too, want to accept and embrace it gracefully!

Makayla, Almost 30, and Erica
Makayla, Almost 30, and Erica
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)



5 comments:
You are one of the youngest, hippest Moms I know! I can't give you advice on 30's quite yet...as you are much wiser than I am as well ;)...but I will say that I have no doubt you will enter your 30's with incredible grace! You enter everything that way. Look at how you have entered motherhood! I can only hope to be as cool of a Mom as you! Your 30's are going to be awesome! So many wonderful years lie ahead of us.
I hope you don't mind that I was lurking! I wanted to see pics of your beautiful little girl. Anyway, as someone who has recently turned 30... there is a little bit of nostalgia involved. But I look at birthdays as a celebration of the year before. I think that if you dread birthdays, you aren't doing that year justice. Think about all of the amazing things you have to celebrate that happened in 29! How can you not celebrate that milestone?!
As to the ending of a wonderful decade, here's how I look at it... the 20's were amazing. I married my husband (though I met him in my teens), started my job, graduated college, had two beautiful children... I could go on and on. But at my early 20's I didn't have the wisdom or presence of mind to really appreciate all the wonderful things that were in my life. You have such a wonderful opportunity to set a tone for the next ten years from day one. AND, you have your amazing family to share it with.
Cheryl
yikes, realized I didn't put my last name.... guess I just assumed everyone should just know who I am. :)
Cheryl MORGAN
Seriously...you need to look at it as you are wiser everyday. Think about it!! You wouldn't do a lot of things now that you did in college. Yes, because you are a mother and a wife. You have a profession to think about. You got all the CRAZY things out of your system. Now you get to look at life through the eyes of your daughter. How much fun is it to play on the swing as a 30 year old with a little girl looking at you thinking you are the world to her? Or knowing that making dinner is taking care of you, your husband, and your child? Making them stronger to face their tough days. Heck...it is not party where you drink yourself so you don't remember....it is a party that you do everything as slowly as possible because one day, when you are old, 80 or something...you will look back and say: "WOW...my 30ies were so much more rewarding than my 20ies!!!
Wow! You gals are so inspiring. Thanks! I truly am looking forward to my thirties...did I just say that? I do have an amazing husband and beautiful little girl to celebrate with. How did I get to be so lucky?
Post a Comment