Friday, February 11, 2011

To hear the laughter...

From stomach bug...to pink eye...to one nasty virus...Liam and Makayla have had a rough couple of weeks.  We did make it back to the doctor today, only to confirm that the virus the children have in common is a yucky one.  This past week has involved fevers, lots of coughs, lots of tears, and lots of cuddles.  I hate to see my babies sick.  Thank goodness for time to take care of them.  I was thrilled when they both ate dinner this evening...it had been a while.  Dinner was followed by playtime and LAUGHTER.  I hadn't realized how much I had missed hearing that this week until the rooms were filled with it once more.  Thank goodness!

And for more laughter...while Makayla was eating this evening she said, "I take little bites and then choke it down!"  What?!  Now mind you, I fixed her favorite meal!  Oh, dear...I think she's back to her old self!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh...sorry they were so sick! Spring is on it's way and hopefully healthier times! We need to get together again soon!